The Baby Jogger City Mini GT 2 has been one of the most popular models for years. Parents appreciate the fact that it can adapt to all terrains, that it can be folded quickly with one hand and that it is light.
The tilting and deep travel option makes it possible to use up to 65 pounds from birth. If you don’t care about the reversible seat, it can easily become your only stroller.
The handling of the GT is fantastic, even better than on a conventional model. Perpetual tyres, combined with a four-wheel suspension, can be pushed very easily. It’s really a one-handed pram!
Nowadays many people think that the Baby Jogger can be used for jogging because it has three wheels. It’s not a treadmill.
It is a daily walker, perfect for a walk in the park or a brisk walk. It can treat harder surfaces such as grass, gravel or mulch much better than a conventional model. Once folded, it is very compact and fits in the smallest trunk. A double version is also available.
In the course of 2019 it received a number of excellent updates, such as: adjustable leg rests, a sports cover and full suspension.
I gave it 5 out of 5 stars because I love the huge canopy, the spacious seat, the adjustable handlebars and the lightest folding bike in the world. The only thing I would change is to make the basket bigger and more accessible. City Mini GT 2 2019 is available in Amazon for about $399.
Baby Jogger City Mini GT buy 2 2019 Stroller
It’s one of my favorite curiosities. They’re giants! It has three panels and two peepholes. Your child will always be perfectly protected from the sun. When I chose the stroller, a hood with the correct dimensions was at the top of the list. The only thing I don’t like is that the Velcro windows close noisily. I wish the nipple had a magnetic plug instead, like the City Elite model.
Parents often complain that City Mini does not have an adjustable pen. Well, the GT model is. 30 to 42 inches off the ground. Tip: To prevent the stroller from tilting backwards, hang the diaper bag with the hooks of the stroller on the frame. You can also use it to hang up a water bottle or shopping bags.
The seat is slightly larger than the City Mini model and has more padding. It measures 14 inches wide and 26 inches high, from the back of the seat to the top of the hood. You can put a really big kid in it. It is also a very low seat, with a 10 inch backrest where the knees bend. Tread height: 11 inches.
The seat can be unfolded continuously with one hand by means of a belt system. To tilt the seat backwards, pull the clip attached to the belt and the seat falls and stops where you left off. You have to have both hands to turn the chair around. He’s almost back in a flat position. You can put the baby in the stroller from the age of 6 months. Not recommended for newborns.
When you lean back, you will see a large mesh window in the backrest that provides better air circulation to keep your child cool on a hot summer day. When it cools down again, you can cover it with a material that is attached to the net.
It is equipped with a 5-point adjustable suspension strap. It is attached to the back of the seat with small clips, so that it is not necessary to tighten the belts for older children. Very practical. The tether is a little tricky for the baby, but a three year old can open it.
The adjustable footrest was a pleasant surprise. None of the early GT models had them. It has two positions: up and down.
At the back of the seat is a large pocket to store the cells, which is very practical, especially since the parental console is not included. You can keep little things like keys, a mobile phone, shadow and a maid.
For even more storage comfort I recommend the purchase of a universal stroller body. So you can bring not only a cup of coffee, but also many other things, such as keys, telephone, water, wallet, snacks, diapers, toys and much more. The amount of things that can get in there is unbelievable.
This basket is fine. With the latest model they bent the bar to make it more accessible, but it still takes a lot of effort to get things in and out. It’s easier for me to access things from the side.
These are 8.5 inch Forever Air tyres that are actually inflated with light foam instead of air. That means you’ll never let the band go. These tires are not designed for jogging, but they can handle off-road vehicles such as grass, playground mulch or gravel. Because they are only 8.5 inches high, the stroller is lighter and more compact. It should be noted that all three wheels are the same size.
The rear wheels can be easily removed at the touch of a button for compact storage. The front wheel has a single turn that can be mounted directly on uneven ground. Just press the grey button and the wheel is locked. Like the conventional model, the GT has a front suspension that absorbs part of the shock.
Unlike the City Mini, which has a foot brake, the GT model has a handbrake on the side of the stroller. Just pick it up to lock the stroller. I prefer the handbrake because it rolls easily and leaves no scratches on the shoes. :). The handbrake allows you to unlock the stroller regardless of the shoes you are wearing.
This stroller sells well thanks to its simple one-way folding. It’s one of the easiest tricks I’ve ever tried! …and I’ve tried them several times… Just pull the belt in the middle of the seat and the stroller will fold down quickly. It is equipped with an automatic lock. I also noticed that you feel the weight less when the angle is compact. Even though the GT is not a heavy stroller (only 21 pounds), I think it is easier to lift it.
The Citu Mini GT can be converted into a travel system using the included car seat adapters for the City Go model. He also works with the most popular brands of car seats. Take a look at my list of the 10 best and safest car seats.
You can also turn the City Mini GT 2 into an elegant stroller with a cradle.
Supplied with adapters for the City Go car seat.
– Rigid access basket. They’ve updated the basket, but I’m not sure it’s an improvement. I wish there was easier access.
Updates for 2019
- Canopy design. Now he looks a bit sportier, but he still has two peepholes with Velcro.
- Adjustable leg rest. This is a brand new feature that was only available in the Elite model.
- Update shopping cart. The previous model had a curved crossbeam at the rear to facilitate access. Now they’re back on the straight line that stands in their way. I think the basket is his weakest feature.
- Full suspension. He only had one suspension before.
- New colours. It is available in six colours.
Here’s a video of Baby Jogger.
The weight of the chassis : Weight limit of 21 pounds: Foldable dimensions of 65 pounds : 24,5″W x 31,5″D x 10″WSitzbreite : 14
Height from seat to hood : 26
Handle Height : 30 – 41.5
Wheels: 8.5 (all three sizes identical)
Total length : 44
Overall width : 24,5″
Baby Jogger offers a lifetime warranty on the frame of the stroller and a year on small parts and fabric. More information about the warranty can be found here.
For 2017 this stroller is available in five colour combinations: Grey and yellow, grey, tea, red, black, green and sand.
The City Mini GT has the same great accessories as the City Mini model. They can be purchased separately.
– Snack bowl.This tray has a cup holder and a stable and easy to clean surface. This is one of the mandatory points. To place a baby in the stroller, it is not necessary to remove the whole shell, as it will swing when you press the button on the side. This tray can be used with the City Mini, City Classic, City Elite and Summit 360 strollers. You can find it for about 20 bucks.
– Universal top console.– I would like to have this item on the agenda. The GT has a back pocket that can hold a lot of small stuff, but a parent console is more comfortable. It has a cup holder and two deep, separate compartments. The cup holder fits in a large drip tray. If you have a very large cup or bottle, you can place it in one of the compartments. You can buy it for about $27.
– Planing board. It’s a nice job when you have to keep your eldest child busy. It is a high quality slab that goes through unevenness, leaving behind like cracks in the road surface, gravel, grass, hills. Children love this little scooter and are much more enthusiastic about a ride. I think it’s a little too expensive for about $58.
– Abdominal band.Many parents prefer this padded band to the snack box because it is too high. This belly button can be adjusted to the size of your child and has a removable cover. It is very easy to attach toys to the bar to entertain your baby. The stroller can be folded up with the fitted strap. It’s worth about $28.
Where to buy
The Amazon is my favorite place to buy strollers and many other things for babies. It generally offers the lowest prices, free delivery, no profit and no sales tax. Isn’t that great? You can get a City Mini GT in one of six beautiful colors for about $399 at Amazon.
Baby Jogger City Mini GT buy 2 2019 Stroller
~ Susan Bryan
P.S. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment below and I will try to answer as soon as possible.
baby jogger city mini gt vs gt2,baby jogger city mini gt2,baby jogger city mini gt2 travel system,baby jogger city mini 2,baby jogger city mini 2 review,baby jogger city mini 2 vs gt2,baby jogger city mini gt2 2019,baby jogger city mini gt2 travel system in jet
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.