With more and more complex strollers on the market, lightweight strollers remain attractive to many parents because they can make their lives easier. Finding a lighter stroller for travelling can lead to faster lanes, easier storage and less stress for the body.
So, what’s a light stroller? In general, the best lightweight stroller is one that weighs less than 20 pounds. They are generally the most portable and easiest to use strollers and can be folded smaller than normal strollers. This makes them ideal for small cars and families on the road.
Lightweight strollers are also excellent for short walks or for use in shopping malls, although they are less suitable for shopping as they usually cannot carry the same amount of food.
Below you will find our guide to buying the best stroller and test reports for the best lightweight stroller.
Here you can see the top of the light wheelchair classification. 1С8
Best end guide for light wheelchairs 2019
Below you will find a comparison table of the lightest strollers on the market. See a comparison of the most important criteria for you, such as price, weight, etc.
* – You can use the pushchair from birth when connecting the car seat.
Discover the lighter strollers in our article on the best strollers for New York City.
How to choose the best lightweight stroller for your family
There are three questions you need to ask yourself to choose the best lightweight stroller for 2019:
- How old is your child? How long do you plan to use this stroller?
- You want to use this stroller from birth?
- Are you planning to travel with a pram?
1. How old is your child? How long do you want to use this stroller?
When choosing a lightweight pushchair, it is important to remember the age of the child and the duration of use. If your child is older than six months and has good neck control, most strollers in the table above are in good condition. However, in the case of increasingly older children, the maximum weight that the pushchair can safely carry should be taken into account (recommended weight limit).
This also applies if you plan to buy a pushchair that will be used in the distant future. Some older children over the age of two can already weigh over 40 pounds, and if you need a pushchair that will last as long as your child likes to walk, it may be a good idea to buy a high weight pushchair, such as one for older children. B. the Maclaren Quest sports car.
2. Do you want to use this stroller from birth?
Unfortunately, most lightweight strollers have not been adapted from birth. This is because they are often not fully adjustable and have less padding and protection than other prams. However, look for a lightweight stroller that is suitable from birth , maybe , with one option – the Britax B-Agile stroller.
As a general rule: The more functions a lightweight stroller has, the less it is considered light. Buying a lightweight pushchair with extra features suitable from birth can also give you flexibility when you decide to have a second child as you can save yourself the cost of buying a second pushchair.
3. Are you planning to travel in a lightweight pushchair?
If you travel a lot with a pram, you want a pram that weighs as little as possible. After all, you may have to wear it a lot! So try to buy the lightest stroller that fits your needs, for example the very light UPPAbaby G-Lite stroller.
Often you have to take your pram with you on a trip and store it in a small space. A stroller like the UPPAbaby G-Lite is therefore a good choice and one of the best lightweight strollers for travelling.
It is important that your pushchair meets all safety standards.
Top 8 Ratings of single walkers
Baby Jogger City Mini 3W single view
The Mini 3W City Jogger Single is a popular and high-quality choice.
This stroller has a soft seat that leans backwards in an almost flat position. It has a fantastic multi-level awning and can easily be folded with one hand. Unlike many other lightweight strollers, there is also a large storage basket at the bottom. It also has a ventilated roof, soft seats with 5-point harnesses and shoulder pads.
This stroller is an excellent choice for people who want the portability of a lightweight stroller, but who want all the features of a larger stroller and can be used from birth. See it in action!
You can also read the complete overview or view the current price.
GB Stroller overview Pockit
The word Pockit in the title should give you an idea of the compactness and lightness of this special stroller, and it’s certainly not disappointing! The two-stage folding mechanism is available in classic black, can be removed very quickly and easily and can be operated with one hand.
When it’s folded up, it easily stands on its own, so it’s no problem finding a place to support it! The pushchair can also be folded into a small, light square shape and can therefore be used for touring adventures on the road if space is required and perhaps also to store the pushchair in, for example, the upper safe.
It is a small stroller, but very sturdy and durable and it is built to last. Therefore, it offers excellent value for money and is ideal for short trips and trips.
Click here to see the current prices for Pockit pushchairs in GB
Triumph rating of the McClaren pushchair
The Maclaren Triumph is a good choice for those looking for a lightweight pushchair.
This stroller has a multi adjustable folding roof and seats with cushions. It can also be folded with one hand and is suitable for prams from 6 months to 55 pounds. It is robust, compact and easy to use. Power and flexibility make this stroller our best choice for the lightest stroller for babies.
The Maclaren Triumph Stroller comes with a rain cover and 5-point harness. This stroller is best suited for families who want to leave the stroller in place until their children no longer need it and thanks to its quality it can serve several children.
Read our complete review of the Maclaren Triumph Stroller or view the current price
ZOE XL1 Best Xtra Lightweight Travel Stroller and Everyday Umbrella System Overview
This particularly light pushchair has a range of additional options and is also very visually appealing – choose between pink, blue or yellow. The wheels of this stroller are guaranteed for life, which is certainly a great advantage as you can be sure that the wheels will be repaired or replaced if a problem occurs during the life of the stroller.
This stroller is ideal for travelling as it folds easily and quickly with one hand and fits into most aircraft containers, so don’t worry. Under the pram is a very large storage basket, ideal for shopping, and a large tent.
A 5-point tether for extra safety and a magnetic awning window at the top so you can keep an eye on your child and see what he or she is doing!
More information and current prices can be found here.
Chicco Capri Lightweight Stroller Overview
This is one of the lightest prams and a good choice for travelling. Chicco Capri Lightweight can be folded in very small letters in the included carrier bag, making it perfect for transport when not in use or when not checked in at the airport.
There are two tilting positions and one vertical position. This allows your child to lean back almost completely or get up and go to bed.
The front wheels are also sprung – an impressive feature of such a lightweight pushchair. This makes the journey more comfortable for your child. A five-point harness means a safe journey.
The position of the basket in the frame is quite high compared to other lightweight prams. So the basket is easy to reach, but the disadvantage is that it can’t contain much. The size of a stroller also means that the handles are quite low compared to other strollers. When you grow up, maybe you should make a little more effort.
The other drawback is that she only takes care of children under 37 pounds. This means that this stroller does not have to travel the whole way from six months to walking, as other strollers do.
Despite these shortcomings, the Chicco Capri Lightweight is an excellent choice for a lightweight stroller, especially when travelling.
Click here to see the current prices
UPPAbaby G-Lite Stroller Review
UPPAbaby G-Lite is of excellent quality.
This stroller is quick and easy to fold and is extremely lightweight, weighing only 10 lbs. It has a removable seat cushion and a SPF50+ sun visor. There’s a fairly large vault at the bottom. However, this model is not without consequences.
We believe this is the best lightweight stroller with a parasol if you’re happy with a stroller that’s not seated.
It is well controlled and can be picked up with one hand using a conveyor belt. This stroller is ideal for people who travel a lot, especially if you are planning a trip as it is very easy to carry with a belt.
Does that sound interesting? Read our complete overview or take a look at the current price.
McClaren Mark II stroller review
Maclaren is a great name and it brings peace of mind, which you’re sure to get with this high quality, extremely lightweight and durable stroller. Choose from three classic colours, with standard silver, black or dark blue. The hexagonal design is what really distinguishes this special lightweight stroller, because it is very strong and more durable than many others.
The stroller is also very easy to fold while driving and the cable brake system is extremely effective. The seat’s mesh fabric offers the child comfort thanks to its breathable material, while the large upholstery is resistant to rain and wind. You will also find a 4-wheel suspension for difficult terrain.
The storage compartment under the stroller is also large enough for most of the routine items you need and space to shop.
Other reviews and current prices can be found here.
Graco LiteRider Click on the Connect Browse Controllerbutton
There are a lot of interesting things in Graco’s LiteRider Click Connect. This stroller is designed for incredible mobility and use on the move in different environments. The LiteRider can be mounted and folded with one hand and has a lockable wheel with front and rear suspension. When folded, the dimensions of this stroller are quite small and when used it is not wide, making it a good choice for many applications.
The quick one-handed installation and folding of this stroller allows it to be used wherever it is needed. With its lockable front wheel and suspension, the LiteRider adapts to different terrain and ground conditions, from a bumpy train to a busy shopping mall, while maintaining your child’s comfort.
There are two adjustable seats, where you can sit or lean 30 degrees so the child can sleep. There is enough space under the stroller to place a pram of this size.
A pram doesn’t carry a baby on its own. However, it is designed for use with the Graco car seat, which can be attached quickly and easily. If you have a Graco child seat, this stroller is a super portable, lightweight and comfortable movement system.
The biggest disadvantage of the LiteRider is that it takes care of children who weigh only 40 pounds. This will be normal for most children, but older children can handle it if you still want to use the stroller.
Click here for more information about Graco LiteRider
Best-selling light pushchair for travel on the Amazon
Bestseller no. 1
Evenflo Modular Pivot Travel System, lightweight, graceful and versatile running frame, easy to carry baby car seat, large storage basket, running frame, 3-piece awning, random series
- THE PERFECT TRAVEL SYSTEM FOR CHILDREN: Evenflo Pivot’s modular travel system includes our sturdy and lightweight stroller and is equipped with a SafeMax stroller seat and Safe Zone undercarriage, as well as a number of practical accessories for parents and children.
- ELEGANT AND VERSATILE: This full-size stroller has a modular 6-purpose frame. It is reversible, allowing the child to look in or out, while the seat can be easily converted to stroller, travel system and frame mode.
- EASY RELOCATION OF THE CAR SEAT: Our modular pivot travel system includes a support point that allows you to quickly and safely move the car seat from stroller to car and vice versa. Large tyres make it easy to move on multiple surfaces
- A FEW USEFUL FEATURES: The Evenflo Pivot modular travel system also includes a base for a secure room and a large storage basket. A large hood and a detachable handle increase comfort and make it easier to carry your child. The seat cushion is machine washed separately in cold water.
- WHICH HAS BEEN RELIABLE FOR ALMOST 100 YEARS: For almost 100 years, Evenflo has been a reliable source of high-quality tourist systems. The design itself of each of our products has been developed for daily use.
Bestseller no. 2
Graco Modes Bassinet Travel System | Includes stroller and SnugRide SnugLock 35 baby car seat, Winton.
- The Graco Modes Bassinet Travel System includes 3 strollers in 1 for different baby to baby travel options: 1. Cassette 2. Infant carrier 3. A pram. This also includes the Graco SnugRide SnugLock 35 car seat.
- 3 pushchairs in 1 (1st pushchair 2nd car seat 3rd pushchair) with 9 possibilities to change from baby to baby
- The illuminated seat can be transformed into a cradle for the comfort of the child on the move, whether facing the road or home.
- Press the connection button of the car seat, which is attached directly to the frame of the pushchair or the seat with the one-step safety device.
- The child seat can be placed behind or in front of the child for your growing child.
Evenflo Pivot Xpand, Single Twin Convertible Stroller with Compact Folding, Stallion Black
- UNIVERSAL DOUBLE STROLLER : The Evenflo Pivot Xpand modular mobility system is a parent-friendly pushchair with one or two pushchairs, equipped with a unique sliding and locking system that allows the frame to be extended for a second child or a child seat. Includes pram frame, child seat and baby car seat.
- THE USE OF ITEMA : The pushchair and child seat are designed for a child up to 6 years old. Maximum weight: 22.6 kg (55 lbs) Maximum height: 96 cm (38 inches)
- UP TO 22 CONFIGURATIONS : Our light pushchair allows babies and toddlers to sit at different heights by leaning back or standing upright in front of the parent. In total this stroller offers 22 unique configurations. The machine washes the seat cushion separately in cold water in the soft wash programme. Dries at a low temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- MODULAR CONSTRUCTION : With this Evenflo toddler car seat, the car seat can be placed directly on the frame and put into baby mode, increasing the comfort of toddlers. Regularly inspect and clean the deep fryer dam with food, liquids and other deposits to ensure they are applied correctly.
- A FEW USEFUL FEATURES: Pivot Xpand is a complete travel system for children. The compact, foldable pushchair provides comfortable space for the baby carrier, while the extra-large storage basket can be extended to more than two feet with front and rear access.
North Star Jeep Stroller, black and gray.
- COMFY RIDE : To keep the children cool, the padded seat rolls against the backrest to form a comfortable headrest. Meets the requirements for disc size. 5.5-inch front and rear wheels. Swivel front wheels with spring system. Extendable awning with awning
- Folding awning in European style with awning Three-point harnesses Compact and user-friendly folding awning. 3-point seatbelts
- Parental characteristics: Lightweight, extra-long foam handles; cup holder for parents Storage basket contains everything you need for travel Swivel front wheels with suspension system; 5.5-inch front and rear wheels
- Calf support and footrest allow your baby to ride comfortably Lightweight, stable frame for maximum portability JPMA certified to meet or exceed all CPSC and ASTM safety standards.
- : 31.5 L x 18.1 W x 42 N inches Foldable dimensions : 44 L x 11.5 W x 7.75 inch B / H Product weight : 11.68 pounds
There is also a feature on the 3D Flip Convenience Stroller for summer children, another large lightweight stroller.
The range of umbrella strollers also includes lighter strollers. Not sure if a light pushchair is right for you? Check out our website to decide which type of stroller is best for your family.
Disclaimer: The Stroller site is a member of the Amazon Services LLC affiliate program, an affiliate advertising program that allows websites to earn money by placing ads and links to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Thank you very much for your support of TheStrollerSite and for the fact that we can continue to give you the best information about the best buggies!
Best airline walker 2019,Best airline walker,Best airline walker 2019 Australia,Best airline walker,Best airline walker,Best airline walker 2018,Best airline walker 3 Months,Best compact stroller
Disclosure of information: We are a professional company and our comments are not biased towards the products we consider. We test each product thoroughly and evaluate only the best, as indicated by our author. We are very independent, and the views expressed here are our own. However, if you buy something after you have clicked on the links in the items, we get commissions for it, which helps to maintain the websites at costs such as server fees, security, etc.best lightweight luggage for international travel,best lightweight checked luggage,best lightweight luggage for international travel reviews,best lightweight carry-on luggage,best lightweight luggage 2019,lightest carry-on luggage 2019,ultra lightweight luggage,best luggage 2019
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.