Maxi-Cosi Kaia is a lightweight umbrella trolley for parents who like to travel, go shopping or stroll around the city. The Kaia model has a small footprint, making it ideal for navigating the narrow aisles of grocery stores and public transport.
The small 5-inch hard rubber wheels work best on a flat surface. Despite the fact that there is a rear suspension, grabbing grass or mulching will be very difficult. I don’t recommend long walks in the park. The basket is an excellent size for a pram with an umbrella. It slides easily into a large diaper bag. I really liked Kaia’s light and compact folds. It certainly fits in any trunk. Another interesting feature is the adjustable footrest, which offers more space for your baby’s feet.
What really sets Kaia apart from other umbrellas is the ability to become a travel system with the addition of a car seat adapter INCLUDED. It is compatible with Maxi-Cosi Mico or Prezi car seats ONLY! It is also very compact and can stand on its own when folded. A stable fold is an important feature for parents who live in the apartment or often go to a restaurant. Such a space saver!
I gave this stroller3.5 of the 5 star because it has a small canopy, no peephole, is heavy (for a stroller with an umbrella) and is not tilted very low. It is currently available from Amazon for as little as $199 (free shipping and no sales tax). It comes with a cup holder and a car seat adapter, but without a bumper. I think it’s a reasonable price for what you get.
Maxi-Coshi Kaya Buying Stroller
– Canopy. The awning is small and there is no peephole window. Can you believe it? Today, most companies produce huge, oversized sights. I don’t know what Maxi-Cozy was thinking. In any case, make sure that they can follow the sun (this is the case if the awning is not attached to the backrest and can be moved up and down to stop the sun).
– Steering wheel. Two non-adjustable rudders are 40 inches above the ground. It’s a medium size that most parents should fit. If you’re much smaller or taller, check this first.
– Place for sound. 13-inch wide seat with 19-inch backrest and 22-inch backrest at the top of the hood The infinitely adjustable inclination is controlled by the belt system. You can fold the seat with one hand by pulling on the belt, but you must have both hands to lift the seat. The depth tilt isn’t flat, so you can’t use it for newborns. You will need a car seat adapter to convert the pushchair into a travel system if you want to use it from birth. The chair is suitable for a child from 6 months to 50 pounds (about 4 years old). Transmission, the vertical seat is slightly inclined. So it’s not very vertical.
– Adjustable leg rest. It has an adjustable footrest that is part of the seat. You can lift it to create a flatter surface for young babies. There is another leg rest that is part of the frame for older children. What I really like is that the foot that falls on Kaya measures 13 inches! It may seem like a lot, but most strollers are only 9 to 10 inches long, which means you have to add 3 inches if you have a big child with long legs.
-5 dotted belt. The seat has a soft, adjustable 5-point harness with a difficult to open puzzle buckle.
– Medium basket. The basket is large for a light and compact stroller, but is medium in size compared to a normal stroller. You can put a big diaper bag inside, but not much more. Access to the basket is easier from the sides as there is a large crossbar at the rear. If you flip the seat over, it is very difficult to reach it from the back.
– wheels. It rolls on four 5-inch hard rubber wheels with two double rear wheels and two single swivel wheels at the front. The front wheels can be locked directly when driving over rough terrain. This stroller is not designed for rough terrain and works best on a flat surface.
– Cupholder. I’M ON THE AIR! On the side of the frame there is a cup holder in which a normal water bottle or a medium sized coffee cup can be placed. You can also change pages if you are left-handed. I like it that the roller coaster stays on the roller coaster and doesn’t fall over.
– Rear suspension. There is a rear suspension system that can absorb certain irregularities. Of course it’s not the same suspension system you would have on a racer, but it does make the ride a bit smoother.
– Brakes. The brakes are very interesting. Red locks the rear wheels and blue unlocks them.
– Sealing of the elbow. Folding is very simple and quite compact. First lift the rear lever with your foot to unlock the frame. Then pull the two handles of both handlebars and push them down until the pushchair folds down and you hear the automatic locking mechanism. Bend over now! The nice thing is he’s all alone. Dimensions in folded form: 37 inch x 13 L x 12 H. Very compact!
– Car seat adapter. I’M ON THE AIR! It comes with a car seat adapter that is only compatible with Maxi-Cosi Mico or Prezi car seats.
– Small awning. The canopy is a disappointment. It is small, with no possibility to follow the sun and no viewing window.
– Pause. The slope is deep, but doesn’t reach the flat surface, so you can’t use it for the newborn. I wish it was a little lower. It’s not very upright either. The belt system is not my favorite, because you have to use both hands to turn the seat. Some pushchairs have a new belt system that requires only one hand to lower and reset the seat.
– Heavyweight. 18 pounds may not be much, but it’s a lot for a stroller umbrella that you have to carry on your shoulder. It’s a good thing it’s a travel system, and of course you don’t need a lightweight stroller to hold your car seat. So I think it will be hard to lighten it up if the car seat is properly maintained.
Baby Gizmo has a great video preview. Take a look at this.
The weight of the chassis : Weight limit 18 pounds
: 50 pounds
Foldable dimensions : 37″L x 13″ W x 12″ H
Handle height : 40″
Height from seat to hood: 22 wheels
Total length : 27
Overall width : 20,5″
A Maxi-Cosi pushchair is guaranteed for two years from the date of purchase. It took me a while to find the warranty information. Select a warranty case for more information.
For 2014 this stroller is available in two colours: black and red.
Where to buy
The Amazon is my favorite place to buy strollers and many other things for babies. It generally offers the lowest prices, free delivery, no profit and no sales tax. Isn’t that great? You can get the Maxi-Cosi Kaia in black or red for about $199 at Amazon (free shipping and no sales tax). It comes with a cup holder and a car seat adapter, but without a bumper. Because it’s a new stroller, I couldn’t find any good sales.
Maxi-Kozi Kaya pushchair buy
~ Susan Brian
P.S. If you liked my review, pressI likebelow.
maxi-cosi dana stroller,maxi-cosi kaia and mico max 30 travel system,best umbrella stroller,maxi-cosi lara stroller,maxi-cosi lara review,lightweight stroller reviews
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.