UPPAbaby G-Lite 2018 is a stroller with a light umbrella, a smaller and lighter version of G-Luxe. Weighing just 11lbs, the is ideal for shopping and public transport.
The narrow frame makes it easy to navigate narrow aisles and tight spaces. It’s very easy to push, even with a heavy child in the chair.
It rolls on 4.7-inch plastic twin wheels that can support part of Mom’s land, such as grass or mulch. While full suspension absorbs some unevenness, G-Lite is clearly designed for flat surfaces.
It has a spacious seat with a mesh structure at a small angle. For 2018 they have added a small zipper, but you still have to use it from 6 months. To be honest, I was very surprised by the high weight limit of 55 pounds. He should go through all childhood without any problems. By the way, there is not a single version of the TRAVEL SYSTEM that I would not have expected in an 11 pound stroller.
A large basket under the seat (for the model with umbrella) fits in a medium sized diaper bag. Of course I wouldn’t go shopping with him, but you can store everything you need for your baby (up to 10 pounds).
I also managed to attach an organizer for small basic items and a cup holder to the handles. By the way, the cupholder is included, but it fills more safely and comfortably, so I can get my coffee from the organizer. However, if you take 55 pounds from your baby and put an extra 10 pounds in the basket, that baby can carry a lot! Perfect for a day in the park if you’re too tired to carry all that crap. LOL.
Another very popular feature of G-Lite is the large, updated UPF 50+ awning with a lowerable awning. Because the hood is not attached to the back of the car seat, you can move it forward to protect your child from all angles.
I gave him 5 out of 5 star, because although it has a very low slope, it is a high quality umbrella stroller, which is very cheap. You can get the 2018 model in two colors for about $199. It comes with a cup holder.
UPPAbaby 2018 Buy the G-Lite stroller
– Enormous foliage.Like all UPPAbaby strollers, it is equipped with a large canopy with an extendable sunshade with SPF 50+ that provides full sun protection for your child. In 2018 it was redesigned and now has three panels instead of one.
This is one of the best awnings for compact wheelchairs. Unfortunately there is no peephole, but it has a follow-the-sun function, i.e. you can slide the hood forward to get a hole in the rear part. So you can see your child and benefit from better air circulation.
– Double handles.has non-adjustable double handles at a height of 42 inches above the floor. Perfect for grandparents. For 2018 they are still covered with good foam, unlike the G-Luxe model, which is now made of plastic.
– Cup holder. COMPLETE WITH!detachable. I have an organizer with a cupholder attached to the bottom of the frame for my daughter. She liked being able to put her cup in the cupholder and take it out.
– Place for sound. It is 12 inches wide with 21 backrests and 26 inches from the backrest to the top of the awning. You can put a really big kid in it. Previously it was a removable cover, but from 2015 it will become a grid. I like this roster because it doesn’t look like a hammock and it gives my daughter enough support. The lower part of the seat is 10 inches deep and padded. For 2018 the seat has a small folding flash, but when it is 6 months old, you still have to use it.
A few words to fall back on: I get a lot of letters asking if lace is important. I think this is true for a small child, but if your child doesn’t sleep in the stroller anymore, you really don’t need it. My daughter stopped sleeping in the pram after 17 months. Yes, it is comfortable to change the diaper while driving, but for now I can change a diaper in any position. I’m a professional diaper changer and so are you!
The good news is that he has a very high weight limit of 55 pounds. Is someone else taking a pram to the mall just to carry shopping bags, because your child doesn’t need them anymore? LOL. I even took him at Christmas when my daughter was home. There have been comments from people like you who’ve lost someone? LOL. I didn’t care. I hate it when something’s around and the stroller was in the trunk of my car, so why not use it?
-5 dotted belt. It has a 5-point turnstile, which can be adjusted in three different positions. It has a central release button, but no belt holder.
– Good basket.– A medium basket, if you think of a normal pram, it is big for a pram with an umbrella. Most prams with umbrellas have small baskets that are very tight. This bag fits in your medium diaper bag without disturbing your child. The basket can hold up to 10 pounds (almost the weight of a pram)! You can add another G-Lite to the cart. LOL. It also has decent access from the back. Since the G-Lite is a fairly sturdy stroller, you can purchase a steering wheel organiser that increases the storage capacity. I also managed to hang things on the handles without tipping the stroller.
– wheels. It rolls on four 4.7 double plastic wheels with front swivel castors that can be directly locked for greater stability. These are normal small wheels for a pram with an umbrella. That’s good. If you prefer hard rubber wheels, look for UPPAbaby’s G-Luxe model.
– Full suspension. It is nice to have an all-wheel suspension on an umbrella stroller. Helps make the trip a little easier.
– Parking brake. Modelis equipped with two separate parking brakes on both rear wheels. To lock the steering wheel, simply press the pedal with your foot. He’s not a batter. Too bad they didn’t update it like the G-Luxe model.
– Easy to fold. It’s got a two-handed, two-stage bearing. Give the awning back first. Then pull the two levers on either side of the handle and fold it forward. Silence! Silence! It has an automatic lock, but they have eliminated the standing fold for 2018. As you can see, the wheels don’t touch the awning. I don’t know why I saw my parents complaining about the wheels getting dirty.
– Shoulder strap. Perfect for travelling. Put it on your shoulder and walk. It only weighs 11 pounds (my diaper bag weighs more than the one I have inside. LOL).
– No adjustable footrest. I really didn’t expect such an umbrella hiker, but some parents still want it.
– No upholstery for the seat. The back of the seat is made of mesh fabric.
– No belt lining. I wish there was a lining on the shoulder straps.
– No cuckoo clock window.Although the awning does not have a cuckoo clock window, you can fold it forward to make an opening at the back.
– Brake. The brakes are not designed to tilt.
– wheels. Small plastic wheels. Personally I prefer stiff rubber wheels like the G-Luxe model.
– Small folding tent. I’d like a lower condom.
Here’s a video review of the new G-Lite.
Note: I was a little surprised to hear that there is no layer with G-Lite 2018. There’s a little zipper. This girl clearly doesn’t know her own product.
The weight of the chassis : Weight limit 11 pounds
: 55 pounds
Foldable dimensions : 11.5 W x 14 D x 42 V handle height : 42
Seat at visor height: 26 wheels
Total length : 31″
Overall width : 18″
UPPAbaby has a 2-year warranty from the date of purchase and you must be the original owner. More information about the warranty can be found here.
For 2018 UPPAbaby G-Lite is available in two colors: Danny (red) and Jake (black). Red comes with an aluminium frame, while black comes with a black frame.
Where to buy
The Amazon is my favorite place to buy strollers and many other things for babies. It generally offers the lowest prices, free delivery, no profit and no sales tax. Isn’t that great? You can get UPPAbaby G-Lite individually in one of two beautiful colors for about $199 at Amazon (free shipping / free return).
UPPAbaby 2018 Buy the G-Lite stroller
~ Susan Bryan
P.S. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment below and I will try to answer as soon as possible.
uppababy g-luxe,uppababy g-lite recline,2018 uppababy g-lite,uppababy g-lite denny 2018,uppababy g lite folding stroller,uppababy g-luxe 2018,uppababy g-lite weight limit,uppababy g-luxe for travel
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.